Toad in the Hole
- thick pork or pork & cracked black pepper sausages
- 150g plain flour
- 2 & half tsp English mustard powder
- sea salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 free range eggs
- 300ml milk
- fresh thyme(optional)
- garlic oil(optional)
1. Preheat oven to 220c & place sausages in an oiled roasting tin (we use garlic oil but thats up to you) pop in oven & roast for around 20mins (turn occasionally)
2. While they are browning sift flour& mustard powder into a mixing bowl, add pinch of salt & pepper & thyme if you want to. Whisk eggs & milk together, then slowly add to flour mixture to make a smooth batter.
3. When sausages have browned remove from oven add batter between sausages & return to oven to bake fro another 25-30 mins or until batter has risen and is golden brown.
4. Remove Toad-in-the-hole from oven & serve with gravy & mash! YUM!